Sunday, January 15, 2012


This is a beginning, a new way for me to share new things--things I'm doing, learning, making, enjoying.  It is a new way for me to say what is important to me--to say it to myself and to my readers, whoever you may be.

My purpose in blogging is reflected in the words of the Old Testament prophet Isaiah:

O Zion, that bringest good tidings,
get thee up into the high mountain;
O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings,
lift up thy voice with strength;
lift it up, be not afraid;
say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
                                               --Isaiah 40:9

(I cannot read Isaiah's Chapter 40 without hearing in my mind Handel's joyful expression of these words.)

This blog is my "high mountain."  This is a place where I proclaim "Behold!"






No comments:

Post a Comment